Yamaha rx-v767 IR receiver (diode) not working

gieffe

Novice Member
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Recently I bought a second-hand Yamaha RX-V767 amplifier with remote (RAV344L) and everything worked like a charm.
After a few weeks, the amplifier's IR receiver stopped working so I am not unable to access the "on screen" menu (and do all the things you can do exclusively with the remote).
I am sure the remote is working since I'm successfully controlling my TV (sony bravia) with it.

I tried to change batteries / resetting the unit (buttons Tone + Info + Standby) / setting the correct ID of the remote (ID 1, code 5019) but it is surely a matter of IR diode on the receiver side.

So, some questions:

- is there any way to reach the "On screen" menu on the receiver, without the use of the remote? And, if so, how to navigate in the menu?
- does anyone of you had the same problem, did someone fix (changed) the front IR receiver diode?
- does someone successfully made use of the mono-jack IR IN port with an external (supposed to be 5v or 12v powered) IR receiver?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Your trouble shooting steps seem pretty good so far, the only thing I'd add is to use a digital camera to check the remote is working in amp mode, you can see the IR as a green glow through a digital camera.

I've used one of these cheap USB powered IR extenders

along with a 3.5mm mono plug to mono plug lead in place of the small blasters and plugged into the IR in port on my Denon AVR.

I actually planned to use the blasters but on a whim tried plugging it in, in hindsight it was possibly foolish not knowing if it was going to work or even cause issues but to my surprise it worked perfectly.

Top Bottom