Yamaha RX-V767 HDMI Handshake Issue?

terryr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I hope someone can shed some light on an issue I have been having with my living room cinema system since upgrading my HTPC.

I have had the same setup for the last 5 years with no issues. An LG PX990 in the living room , RX-V767 Yamaha AV Receiver, Humax Freesat Box and HTPC in an under stair cupboard all controlled with a Harmony One remote and IR blaster system. I have two high quality HDMI cables, 2 USB cables, Arc cable and 6 Cat 6 Cables running from the under stair cupboard into the TV area.

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded the HTPC (New Silverstone case - ASUS Z91M-Plus - Intel i5 - SSD - MSI 750TI Graphics card - 8GB ram and a 3TB HD and Windows 10 Pro and Kodi latest version).

Put everything back together and had an issue in that when using the HTPC I could get Sound but no image with the LG saying No signal. This was the same through the 750ti graphics card and standard onboard i5 graphics. I then took the amp to a local Yamaha dealer who upgraded the firmware on the amp at my request. Got it home still the same problem. Messed about with screen resolutions on the HTPC and suddenly it started working, not sure how, for about a day and a half then back to No Signal. Tried every screen resolution again without success. I also noted before this that when exiting from Kodi the LG was unable to show the windows 10 desktop just went to No Signal on the LG.

Rebuilt the HTPC again with windows 8.1 just in case it was an issue with Win 10, still no joy, have sound but no video signal on the LG.

If I plug the HTPC into the same HDMI cable directly to the LG it works perfectly but of course without sound to the 5.1 surround sound speaker system. If I plug my NUC HTPC from one of the bedrooms running Open Elec into the Yamaha instead of the HTPC same issue.

I have tried using all the HDMI inputs on the Yamaha and both HDMI outs without success.

I can only assume that this is an HDMI handshake issue with the Yamaha AV Receiver.

This has been driving me nuts for the two weeks and I’m ready to chuck the Yamaha out of the window and buy another receiver but I am concerned that there may be an underlying issue and buying a new amp may not fix the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

OK, Having spoken directly to Yamaha UK they say its an issue with the HTPC and HDCP support. However, both the graphics card and the motherboard are HDCP compliant. One thought from reading this and other forums is that it may be the auto monitor adjustment windows does screwing up matching the screen res of the LG TV. I guess I will try stopping this happening in the registry and see if that could be the problem.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

Terry

After 3 weeks of trying all the fixes I could find online for handshake issues I bit the bullet yeterday and bought a new 779 at a reasonable £499. Set it up worked first time with no issues and to be honest Im glad i did as the 779 has definate improvement in terms of sound. Happy bunny.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom