Yamaha RX-V765 or Cambridge Audio 650R

kingdread

Standard Member
Was pretty set on the yammy but then a friend has offered me a ca for pretty much what id pay for the yammy, so which one?

I listen to 60/40 with the emphasis on music.

So any opinions. Many thanks

Jon

tvdavid

I think the Cambridge would be louder and better for music.
For Movies and Games get the other one.

kingdread

Standard Member
How does the Cambridge let itself down film wise?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Are you sure it is the 650R you have been offered since this is a new reciever and around £1k. Hence if you have been offered it for the £300 the 765 currently sells for then I would jump at it.

kingdread

Standard Member
Yeah positive its a 650R a friend with too much money and a short attention span! However i cannot find many reviews on it and can only find praise for the yammy.

kingdread

Standard Member
Any other opinions before i take the plunge tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jon

Passingbat

Distinguished Member

kingdread

Standard Member
Just spoke to him and it is definitely a 650r, had a read of the what hifi review already. Just cannot seem to find much written about it from anyone who has actually has one.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I'd snap his hand and possibly arm off to get the 650R TBH

If its a mate surely you have the ideal opportunity to demo, even better try in your own home with your speakers or am I missing something here.

kingdread

Standard Member
After some more reading think im gonna go for the 650R

I'd snap his hand and possibly arm off to get the 650R TBH

If its a mate surely you have the ideal opportunity to demo, even better try in your own home with your speakers or am I missing something here.

Unfortunately he has sold the rest of his setup and lives a couple of hours away but think im gonna make the trip this weekend!!

Thanks for the advise i'll let you know how i get on.

Jon

boxrick

What i will say is the What HiFi review of the 650r i personally do not agree with, it is an absolutely superb amplifier.

3 hdmi in does suck a little though :thumbsdow

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
For the amount the 650R cost, another hdmi output wouldn't go a miss either.
However, You've got a huge bargain.

Enjoy :thumbsup:.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom