• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V765 - 7.2 + Presence setup?

JimmyMagic

Standard Member
Hey all,

Have had the V765 for a year now and am still in love with it. Not only is it a great amp, but due to the fact its 1.3 HDMI, i can't get a 3d tv (probably a good thing) ;)

This weekend, i got the Canton Movie 80CX which i cant recommend enough, especially for £180! What an amazing speaker package.

This price has got me thinking about picking up a second set. I could then use 2 of the surrounds to get me from 5.1 - 7.1, then add the second sub (7.2). I then had the idea to add another 2 surrounds to use as presence speakers.

My question is, as i only have one 7.1 blu ray movie, is the simulated 7.1 good on this amp?

Secondly, has anyone set-up presence speakers? Do they add alot to the experience?

And lastly, when Richer Sounds say "last few to clear, so hurry", does it mean when the stock they have is gone, that's it? or will they get more in stock? Trying to convince the wife we should get a second speaker package in the same week may be hard.

Thanks in advance :)

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 765 is a 7.1 reciever so you would not be able to have 4 rear speakers and front presence speakers at the same time. Also having a second sub the same will give you nothing but more volume i.e. no more depth of bass. Adding a second sub could cause you all sorts of set up issues as well since you can get sound cancellation/reinforcement and would seem a lot of hassle for no real gain. All you really need is 2 extra satelite speakers to get you to 7.1.

Last edited:

jasper_mccrea

Established Member
Also: are you sure you can't get 3D tv? Is the 765 one of the unlucky ones that can't pass through an HDMI signal that is acceptable to a 3D TV? There are a lot of HDMI 1.3 amps that can pass through the signal OK. Check for other threads on this :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom