1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-V750

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by harpal, Sep 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. harpal

harpal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a yamaha RX-V750 and would like to set it up with my 5.1 speaker set I find manuals a little to technical for me does this amp have an on screen setup menu if so is this easy to output on to the TV? any help will be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks in advance.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    What speakers do you own? What do you want to connect to the amp?

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    You will need a scart cable which has three phono connections a yellow, red and white at one end (look to maplins for this). The scart will connect into you tv and the composite will connect to the amp, stick the yellow cable into the yellow monitor out connection, put the white and red into the (multichannel) out left and right connection. This will allow you to have a connection to the tv and also sound will come through your tv speakers (if you so wish).

Now the auto setup mainly sets the balances and makes sure your speakers are in phase i.e. the -ve(sometimes marked black) and the +ve(usualy marked red on the cable) cable goes in the same on both the speaker and amp end.

Connect each speaker up in turn as is easiest to get access too, you will have 2 sets of connection for the front speakers left and right, use either as they are physicaly the same and are usualy used when your main/front speakers have two connections on there end two, this is called bi-wireing and some people belive it sounds different.

Once all the speakers are connected to the amp and placed where you want them, run the auto setup using the mic at your listening possition (i.e. place it where you would be sitting) and turn your tv on to the scart socket that the amp is connected to. It will inform you of any problems and if you get something about speaker phase, turn your amp off and switch the wires at the speaker end arround and try again.

4. harpal

harpal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gaz,

thanks for your notes. Dfour I have the kef 2005.2 speaker package and want to connect to my Yam 750 I have a digital coxial cable for connection from dvd to amp for audio I want to svhs for picture as I believe this is the best quality picture other then full RGB which my telly does not support so the best after that is SVHS this is what I am led to belive, I believe the kef speakers are 8 ohms but at the back of the amp there is a slider switch which has 3 options and none of them seem say 8ohms on there own this can be set in the middle or to the left or right Gaz where does this switch need to be for impendeces.

Gaz Dfour is there no way to get on screen menu thourgh this amp via SVHS?

again many thanks

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You would have ot read some of the manual to find these things out unless some friendly 750 owner comes along and helps you.

6. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Yea S-Video should be ok just get a similar scart with an s-video end, I only suggested composite as not all tv's support s-video.
    Most amps have a default set to 8 ohms. If it says something like 6 ohms or higher and doesn't have a 8ohms selector then use that one, your speakers should be ok, but obviously the best setting is the one thats closest to what your speakers are.