Question Yamaha RX-V750 doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Yurick, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Yurick

Yurick
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello,

Got a bargain on Yamaha RX-V750 a few months ago and was really pleased with this receiver until about a week ago it started to have problems with switching on.
    Once its ON there are NO problems - it is working fine with no faults.
    When I press the POWER button nothing really happens anymore - there is a PURE DIRECT effect button which is faintly blinking blue, but the power doesnt come on.. I used to be able to unplug it for a minute or two, then plug it back in and it would turn on, but now this doesnt help either, so Im a bit lost..
    Need an advice if this is something I would be able to fix myself with some basic electronics knowledge or should I take it somewhere for a repair?
    I came across some thread in the internet saying that there are 3 capacitors on the sub-transformer board that most likely need to be replaced? Anyone done that? How hard would it be?

Thank you

2. Violator

Violator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +557
    When you say 'a bargain' is it new? If it is, it'll be covered by at least one years warranty. I'd take it back personally, particularly as it's obviously been doing it a while.

3. Yurick

Yurick
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It wasnt shop bought, got it off someone, was working fine, but has its moments when nothing helps.. as i said it was working again after the first message, and now playing up again..
    I have two options - either take it to the repair shop or find out what needs changed (some capacitors or something else) and do it myself.. dont want to get ripped off and get receiver back with some dodgy parts in it, would rather fix it myself..