Yamaha RX-V730 VS Pioneer VSX-D810S

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ddp1960, Apr 30, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ddp1960

ddp1960

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally settled in on purchasing the Yamaha 730, it gives me what I think I need for decoding, 75 watts per channel (Should be plenty), nice full featured remote, A&B Speakers, plenty of S-video switching, and I think it gives me features that will satisfy me.
    Now for half price, 400 vs 800 I can get a brand new unopened Pioneer with similar features from what I can tell.
    The Pioneer has 1 less s-video input, 4 vs 5, 1 less AV input not sure if it gives me all the decoding? has A&B speaker switching, I don't think the display is as big and clear, and is rated at 100 watts.
    I am not looking for the ultimate system here, just want a good system, and it looks like the Pioneer will do it for half the price. What does everyone think of the Pioneer? Is the Yamaha worth the extras? how about the decoding, am I missing something here?
    The Yamaha lists for $999 and the Pioneer for $799

I think the Yanaha is slightly better, unless I am missing something that would make it MUCH better?
    But is it really worth twice the cash?
    I am connecting to JBL SC135 speakers, DVD, Satellite X2 and VCR.

thanks for any comments!!

2. sofaboy

sofaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have the Yamaha ax-620 and i can only say good things about it.. The sound is out of this world..not the easiest amp to set up (mind you im not the sharpest tool in the box!!).. but when you have it setup correctly it sounds QUALITY !!!

I would spend that little bit more and buy the Yamaha..... The 32 bit Cinema DSP feature is worthy of the extra cash....

:)