Yamaha RX-V6A with Speakers in normal mode

shlomip

Novice Member
Hi.
I very much hope I'll get an answer to the question that prevents me to move forward with purchasing this receiver.

So in my old receiver (pioneer xv-dv202 almost 10 years ago), I had an option to change the sound to NORMAL what basically meant each speaker will play without any effects so I could place each speaker in a separate room.

Does anyone know if this option exists in Yamaha's RX-V6A receiver?
Thank you all

dante01

Distinguished Member
Yamaha AV receivers include 2 modes that would result in the portrayal of the source without any additional DSP. THe STRAIGHT mode negates any upmixing or DSP, but will still apply room EQ correction and bass management. THe other mode is PURE DIRECT and this too will negate upmixing andDSP, but also the bass management and the room EQ.

Regardless, you'd not be advised to locate the speakers in different rooms. What you appear to be looking for is a multi zone system as opposed to a home theatre AVR? If you were to use the AV receiver's party mode then all speakers would be used to portray the same audio.

What you appear to be proposing conflicts with how you'd setup and use an AV receiver for its intended purpose.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom