Yamaha RX-V6A Receiver last Input does not save

Neilio

Novice Member
Hi-Have the Yamaha RX-V6A and using with DirectV, AppleTV, and Internet radio/music. When I power on the receiver each time the last input of DirecTV does not come up and I have to use the remote input twice to get back to DirecTV. I have saved the DirecTV input setting with the remote on SCENE 1. However, after powering off and then turning back on I have to hit the SCENE 1 button twice to get back to the DirecTV input. Is there any way to store/save so it defaults to the DirecTV input when turned on? Thanks for any assistance/response.

dante01

Distinguished Member
What source does the AV receiver set itself to when you power it up? If the source is always the AUDVIO 1 TV source then what you are experiencing is a side effect associated with ARC and HDMI CEC. Because ARC is dependant upon HDMI CEC, HDMI CEC will force the AV receiver to automatically set itself to the ARC TV audio source whenever you power it up and it detects the TV. THe only waty around this behaviour would be to turn HDMI CEC off, but doing so means that you'd no longer be able to use ARC. eARC on the other hand isn't dependant upon CEC so HDMI CEC could be dissabled if using eARC. Note that HDMI CEC still fasciliates auto switching in association with eARC thpugh so if you turn HDMI CEC/Control off then you'd need to manually select the AUDIO 1 TV source whenever wanting to listen to audio being output to the AVR from a TV via eARC,

Neilio

Novice Member
What source does the AV receiver set itself to when you power it up? If the source is always the AUDVIO 1 TV source then what you are experiencing is a side effect associated with ARC and HDMI CEC. Because ARC is dependant upon HDMI CEC, HDMI CEC will force the AV receiver to automatically set itself to the ARC TV audio source whenever you power it up and it detects the TV. THe only waty around this behaviour would be to turn HDMI CEC off, but doing so means that you'd no longer be able to use ARC. eARC on the other hand isn't dependant upon CEC so HDMI CEC could be dissabled if using eARC. Note that HDMI CEC still fasciliates auto switching in association with eARC thpugh so if you turn HDMI CEC/Control off then you'd need to manually select the AUDIO 1 TV source whenever wanting to listen to audio being output to the AVR from a TV via eARC,
Thanks for the response. Much Appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom