Yamaha RX-V6a output signal issues & eArc

Genesius

Novice Member
Hi all.

I’ve had the V6a since December but due to the birth of our son and various other bits I’ve not really dedicated much time to it and it’s spent most of its time powered off because it’s been a pain.

eARC stopped working.
I had a Firestick plugged into the tv as well as our virgin box. All 8K hdmi leads.
The amp would turn on and audio would be fine. Then some days it would turn on and it would show up on the tv that audio was being sent to the amp via hdmi but no sound. The only way to get sound was to unplug the amp for 30mins, plug it back in and then we have audio again.
This started happening more and more frequently to the point where we just settled using the terrible tv speakers.

I tried various different hdmi cables but it made no difference.

A couple of weekends ago I bought an Sheild to replace the fire stick and I disabled ARC all together thinking it was Samsungs terrible implementation causing issues. Now I have the Shield and Virgin box into hdmi 1&2 on the V6a and the output into the tv.

All worked well for 2 days and then a new issue. Now the tv turns on, amp turns on but tv displays ‘no signal’ everything is on and should be working.
Again the only way to get the V6a to output to the tv is to pull the plug, wait 5mins and power on again. I don’t change anything else. Just pulling the power from the mains fixes it.

It’s so bad that I have had to put a smart plug in so I can do it from the sofa or when I’m at work and I get a call saying the tv won’t work.

Any ideas what to try or how to contact Yamaha. It’s ridiculous now and if I can send it back I will.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Doesn't resolve the issue as such, but why are you passing the audio through the TV and why not simply connect the sources directly to the AV receiver? If not wishing to power up the AV receiver on all occassions then it has the ability to pass HDMI sources through it while in standby. THere's no real reason to have your sources connected directly to the TV.

As to your issue. I can only relate what is more often than not the cause of similar problems and this would be the HDMI cable being used between the TV and the AV receiver. I'd try a different cable.

Genesius

Novice Member
Have you checked and updated the firmware to the latest?

Yamaha contact Contact Us - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

BUT it's your supplying retailer who you have a Contract with, not Yamaha directly.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Yes I’m on version 1.48. I’ll contact the retailer for support.

Doesn't resolve the issue as such, but why are you passing the audio through the TV and why not simply connect the sources directly to the AV receiver? If not wishing to power up the AV receiver on all occassions then it has the ability to pass HDMI sources through it while in standby. THere's no real reason to have your sources connected directly to the TV.

As to your issue. I can only relate what is more often than not the cause of similar problems and this would be the HDMI cable being used between the TV and the AV receiver. I'd try a different cable.
Hi. I’m not passing the audio through the tv.l, and the sources are directly connected to the receiver. As I said in the post…..
‘Now I have the Shield and Virgin box into hdmi 1&2 on the V6a and the output into the tv.’

Also, I have tried multiple HDMI leads. Various manufacturers some rated for 8K, some for 4k. I’ve even tried different inputs on the tv. As I said in the post…..
‘I tried various different hdmi cables but it made no difference.’

Thank you both for your help. I’ll get onto Yamaha and the retailer.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom