Yamaha RX v6a compatible with my speakers?

[email protected]

Novice Member
Hi, guys I am new to AV, I was given front speakers by a close friend, I was thinking of buying the Yamaha RX V6A amp to go with it but not sure if it will have enough power to run them as home theater, I wanna build up a 5.1.2 system. I do have other smaller speakers for surround only main concern is the front speakers.

Spec for front speakers:
System Audio Sa Explorer

Power handling: 400 Watt

Frequency range: 30-35.000 Hz (+/- 1.5 dB)

Impedance: 4-8 Ohm

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
I see nothing that you've posted to suggest the AV receiver wouldn't be able to drive the speakers in question. What speakers are they?

The manufacturer doesn't indicate the minimium amount of power these speakers ideally need and only gives the wattage they can handle before you'd damage them. Neither do they give you a nominal impedance rating that is of much if any use?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Novice Member
I see nothing that you've posted to suggest the AV receiver wouldn't be able to drive the speakers in question. What speakers are they?

The manufacturer doesn't indicate the minimium amount of power these speakers ideally need and only gives the wattage they can handle before you'd damage them. Neither do they give you a nominal impedance rating that is of much if any use?

Hope the webpage will help.
Will these speakers damage the amp or the amp has enough power to run them?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The amp has integral protection circuitry that will cut in and put it into standby if it were to encroach upon temperatures outside of its operational range.

xmb

Remember, in a 5.1 system the bass will be handled by the subwoofer, so the front pair will not need as much power to drive as would be required in a 2.0 system. As pointed out you won't damage the speakers or Amplifier due to the amplifier inbuilt protection. Mind you with those speakers I would go with an A6 rather than the V6.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom