Yamaha RX-V6A and component vcr

breckrider

Novice Member
My VCR has the rwy compenent cables. I see audio in connections on the back of my receiver but no yellow video in. Do I need the component to HDMI converter or am I just not seeing a yellow jack on my receiver?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The V6a has no analogue video inputs of any description. If wanting to convey analogue video to it then this isn't possible without using some form of intermediate analogue to digital conversion. IN the case of this AV receiver then yes, this would need to be analogue to HDMI in nature.

Other options include connecting the player's analogue video output directly to the display and then using the player's left and right audio connection to the AV receiver.

You may also find the following helpful:

Last edited:

breckrider

Novice Member
The V6a has no analogue video inputs of any description. If wanting to convey analogue video to it then this isn't possible without using some form of intermediate analogue to digital conversion. IN the case of this AV receiver then yes, this would need to be analogue to HDMI in nature.

Other options include connecting the player's analogue video output directly to the display and then using the player's left and right audio connection to the AV receiver.

You may also find the following helpful:
Thanks for the info. Looks like I can connect it directly to an older tv that I have.

The latest video from AVForums

42-inch LG C2 OLED Review, DIY TV Calibration + Turntables for under £500 + AV/Hi-Fi News & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom