Yamaha RX-V6A | AirPlay Problem

Dk22

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a Yamaha RX-v6a for a year. A few months ago, I was starting to have an annoying issue with the built-in AirPlay 2.

Let me explain the problem:
The receiver is in standby mode (off), I press the AirPlay on my iPhone 13 pro \ iPad pro, and the receiver is turning on and playing my music.
After about 1 minute, the music stops, and I need to press play manually. It happens every time the receiver is turned on...

It happens on my iPhone and iPad (both running the latest iOS), and the receiver is also running the newest firmware...

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I have a Yamaha RX-v6a for a year. A few months ago, I was starting to have an annoying issue with the built-in AirPlay 2.

The receiver is in standby mode (off), I press the AirPlay on my iPhone 13 pro \ iPad pro, and the receiver is turning on and playing my music.
After about 1 minute, the music stops, and I need to press play manually. It happens every time the receiver is turned on...

It happens on my iPhone and iPad (both running the latest iOS), and the receiver is also running the newest firmware...

Thanks!
I have the exact same problem since a few months but with an older RX-V1083 and iPhone11, XR & iPad Pro. This is annoying. I had same issue with WXA-50 but it now magically seem to work but not my RX-V1083…

My workaround is to connect via Bluetooth but this is not super user friendly and limit my device roaming through the house.

I first suspected firmware upgrade on my network switch and AP but reverted back to previous version and same issue. So likely a Yamaha bug or something introduced in latest iOS 15 version a few patch release ago.

This is very frustrating since AirPlay is what I use the most with my receiver outside watching TV.

I know it’s likely not a network issue since I also have a few Sonos speakers and AirPlay works fine on those.

Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Did you get. A fix for this?
I’ve had problems with net radio and airplay cutting out constantly

I have the same exact problem, it often stops in between songs but also randomly from either of our ios devices. Very frustrating...

Same problem here, but now I’ve switched from wired ethernet & connected to Wi-Fi and I don’t have a problem streaming anything either Internet, radio or music from Apple devices. try Wi-Fi. Let me know how you get on. Cheers Craig

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom