Yamaha RX-V685, No audio from LF & RF speakers.

Lee74C3

Novice Member
I purchased a Yamaha RX- V685 receiver about 9 months ago. It operated perfectly right out of box. Now, it was in storage the last 4 months while we built a new home. I installed it the past couple days. Same Apple TV box, same Samsung TV, and different speakers. The center channel is the same and operates as expected. The LF & RF satellites have no sound. The is a Boston Acoustics Subwoofer and satellite speaker system and currently in a 3.1 configuration. New speaker cables with new banana plugs. All connections have been checked and rechecked yet I am unable to find a problem. Receiver settings are the same as before moving. Any help would be appreciated.

dante01

Distinguished Member
How have you connect the bose setup to the AV receiver. Are you connected the associated speakers directly to the assaociated speaker terminals on the AV receiver and is the sub connected independantly to the sub pre out on the AVR?

If the centre speaker is operational, try connect that speaker to the left and then the right speaker terminals to test whether or not the AV receiver is actually outputting anything via those outputs.

If not then contact the retailer who sold you the receiver and enquire about using the manufacturers warranty to have it repaireds. Note that you've only another 3 months to be able to do this and before than warranty expires, this is of cause if you bought the AV receiver new 9 months ago? Tou didn't iundicate whether you bought it new or as a used item?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom