Yamaha RX-V685 Audio cuts out with Firestick plugged in

Gable73

Novice Member
I have a Yamaha RX-V685 and recently purchased the latest Amazon Firestick. Everything works fine with the Firestick, audio, video but when going back to regular tv the audio cuts out for a second or so and comes back. The receiver has 5 HDMI ports but it doesn't matter which port it still cuts out. I can unplug the Firestick and no issues. I also have 2 game systems plugged in with no issues. I've gone through the manual and searched online but most of what I've found has to do with the Firestick audio cutting out, mine works fine it's the opposite. Is there a setting or something in the manual that I'm missing. My TV is a Samsung. Everything is up to date.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but you fail to divulge what source the TV audio is being sourced via? Do you mean the audio being output by the TV to the receiver or are you accessing TV via an STB connected directly to the AV receiver? If the former then it may be an issue with ARC? If using ARC to access audio from the TV then try using a different HDMI cable between the TV and the AV receiver. Most issues associated with ARC are related to the cable being used.

If it is the TV audio that drops out then it isn't being sourced via the Firestick and is an issue with the source of the TV audio.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom