Yamaha RX-V679 automatically switches to default audio channel

sagilo

Novice Member
Reaction score
As I switch between the HDMI inputs, for some, the receiver switches the audio back to the default audio channel (audio 1).
I've tried disabling anyconnect on my samsung tv
Tried to shut down harmony hub
Tried to turn off "ARC" in the receiver
But neitherw worked, what does work, is turning off "HDMI control" on the receiver settings, however, that eliminates the HDMI-auto-switch when I want to cast something.
Is there any combination in which HDMI will auto-switch but the audio channel won't?

I'd suggest that it is the TV causing the receiver to set itself to the source associated with ARC. What is odd is the fact that you suggest that you still experience this behaviour if and when dissabling ARC onboard the AV receiver or if turning the TV's HDMI CEC implimentation off?

Is the receiver exhibiting this behaviour randomly or is it after you've powered it and or your TV up?

I'd suggest that it is the TV causing the receiver to set itself to the source associated with ARC. What is odd is the fact that you suggest that you still experience this behaviour if and when dissabling ARC onboard the AV receiver or if turning the TV's HDMI CEC implimentation off?

Is the receiver exhibiting this behaviour randomly or is it after you've powered it and or your TV up?
Just tested with the TV off and the issue is the same, it only stopped when I disconnected the output HDMI, is it possible the cable itself causes the issue?

There could be a dault onboard the cable or even a short associated with the output pin arrangement?

Note that HDMI connectuons are still active while devices are in standby. Devices still communicate with one another via HDMI if and when you put them in standby.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?

There could be a dault onboard the cable or even a short associated with the output pin arrangement?

Note that HDMI connectuons are still active while devices are in standby. Devices still communicate with one another via HDMI if and when you put them in standby.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
Not yet, that's probably my next step, but it as it requires me to remove the TV from its wall mount, it'll probably take a few days to do
Another option would be changing the HDMI output port on the TV to another which doesn't support ARC

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom