Quantcast

Question Yamaha RX-V677 no sounds from speakers

Masti123

Novice Member
Hello all

I am new to this forum and looking some help

i have home Theatre installed in my house with 7.1 surrounded speakers.

The system was configured by the professional 5 years ago. Since yesterday Yamaha receiver stop outputting any sound from speakers. The video is fine via HDMI but no sound.

i have tried rebooting and updating firmware but still no luck

can anyone help me guide for troubleshooting

I have attached pictures to give some clue how it’s configured for gurus

thanks all

Attachments

Masti123

Novice Member
No and that’s the difference I noticed that all icons are disappeared and regardless of which program I choose no speaker icons are appearing

dobrykamil

Ok. Get the service manual from here, go to page 25 and start Self-Diagnostic mode. Once in diag mode, go to page 24 and check DSP1 firmware and checksum. Did you update firmware using their CP player method?

Masti123

Novice Member
Ok. Get the service manual from here, go to page 25 and start Self-Diagnostic mode. Once in diag mode, go to page 24 and check DSP1 firmware and checksum. Did you update firmware using their CP player method?
Thanks a lot for helping me and responding to my queries.

I will try this tonight as soon as I get home and will post results. I am not sure if I am aware of CP player mode. I simply used the POWER + Straight button to start firmware update via network.

Masti123

Novice Member
After Self-Diagnostic mode try the YPAO test tones - do you hear the test tones from each speaker?
Thanks a lot "senrab" and "dobrykamil" for helping me and resolving this issue.

After diagnostic test, I did the YPAO test and it was keep pointing me to remove headphones jack which it was not plugged-in to the receiver. I cleaned up the headphone jack by blowing air and jack-pot :clap: the speakers icons were back and my sound system back to normal. I completed the YPAO test and everything normal now.

its seem like some dust particle blocked/interfere the headphone jack which got cleaned up after blowing the air inside. :thumbsup:

once again thanks a lot everyone for all your help and guidance.

Top Bottom