Question Yamaha RX-V677, is my wireless antenna just broken?

hisserbee

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've had my Yamaha RX-V677 for a couple years, and at my previous apartment where I was using the simplest router from the ISP, I was able to connect the receiver to wifi and use the internet radio services. I have since moved and gotten a new router, as well as had the receiver serviced under warranty for a blown HDMI out unit.

Since moving I have not been able to get the receiver to connect to wifi in any way. Access point scan immediately gives me "Can't find any access points", manual setup says the same thing but takes longer to do so, and if I try to share my settings from iOS it just says it failed to share without further information. I have no idea if the issue is with my router configuration or if the receiver's wireless antenna is just broken. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of failure or know how to narrow it down?

Last edited:
I've had my Yamaha RX-V677 for a couple years, and at my previous apartment where I was using the simplest router from the ISP, I was able to connect the receiver to wifi and use the internet radio services. I have since moved and gotten a new router, as well as had the receiver serviced under warranty for a blown HDMI out unit.

Since moving I have not been able to get the receiver to connect to wifi in any way. Access point scan immediately gives me "Can't find any access points", manual setup says the same thing but takes longer to do so, and if I try to share my settings from iOS it just says it failed to share without further information. I have no idea if the issue is with my router configuration or if the receiver's wireless antenna is just broken. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of failure or know how to narrow it down?
Reset your Yamaha to factory settings and try again to connect to wifi. RX-V677 Setting Receiver Back to Factory Settings - RX-V677 - RX-V - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual

Doing a factory reset didn't seem to make any difference, still can't find an access point and it gives up immediately. Is there somewhere to get a replacement wireless antenna to see if that's the issue? I found replacement FM antenna with some googling, but not the wireless one.

Last edited:
Do you still have your old router? If so then plug it in and try connecting to that. It doesn't have to be connected to broadband to try the wifi connection.

No, unfortunately, it was the router from the ISP before so I had to return it.

I realized there are a few other wifi points in range and the receiver doesn't see any of them. I only set up the wifi once or twice before so I don't quite remember, but I feel like it could see all the access points that my phone could see, so that makes me think it's probably a hardware issue.

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but..
The exact same thing has happened to my rx-v677. I haven't moved the antennae or anything so i don't know why it has happened.

No, unfortunately, it was the router from the ISP before so I had to return it.

I realized there are a few other wifi points in range and the receiver doesn't see any of them. I only set up the wifi once or twice before so I don't quite remember, but I feel like it could see all the access points that my phone could see, so that makes me think it's probably a hardware issue.

did you manage to fix this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom