Yamaha RX-V673 HDMI issue with Captain Philips Bluray (UK)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by brewster0101, Feb 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. brewster0101

brewster0101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi
    I've not posted this to the official thread for this amp as it will probably get lost in there.

I have my LG bluray player HDMI passing through the Yamaha RX-V673. With the amp on or offf, never had an issue

Until - Captain Philips Bluray (UK) none steel book edition.

Film keeps flickering to black screen during payback.

Tried on different TV and LG player and worked fine.

Tried same Bluray player with smaller TV, fine.

Plugged the Bluray player directly to the TV and all works fine.

So , the problem is arising when the film is being played through the amp, off or on. The Amp seems to be dropping the video feed, audio is ok through speakers if amp is on but the TV keeps loosing a video signal.

Running latest 1.8 firmware but I can't work out why this film is doing this.

Any thoughts?

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,064
    Have you tried using different HDMI cables, both between the player and the receiver as well as from the receiver to your TV? Some cables act differently depending upon the devices you use so even if using the same cables to convey a signal successfully directly from a player to a TV to convey the same signal otherwise conveyed via the intermediary receiver you may get less favourable results because of that cable's limitations?

If possible, try entirely different cables made by a different manufacture.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014