Yamaha rx-v671 - suitable stand mounted speakers to £500

P

PCATHOME

I have a YAMAHA RX-V671 in use as a stereo setup. I am looking for bookshelf (stand) speakers, up to a price of about £500. Long term I will expand to 5.1 system. All requests and research on-line lead to biased retailer answers depending on what they sell. Can I please have suggestions from persons who have "in-the-home" experience of speakers connected to this amp?' Thank you

Last edited:
I think the kind of music that you listen to would be relevant, and just an assurance that you have or intend to get decent stands? The stands can influence these speakers a lot, so a good set is essential.

At around £500 you have a fair bit of choice: KEF R100 (slightly more but great), Monitor Audio RX2, XTZ 95.24, Focal 706 (although the 714 floor-standers are half-price at one retailer right now *cough*Divine Audio*cough* - bargain!), Epos Epic 2, AE 301 or Radiance 1, B&W CM1, and others. It will come down to your music preference and (even more importantly) which ones your ears prefer. Is there anywhere nearby where you can at least hear some of these?

Last edited:
I have - Custom Design RS300 Speaker Stands, are these thought to be good enough?

I think they'll do fine, yes. You can always change them later if you find a bargain or fancy something else!

Hi mate. I have this amp and am running Q Acoustics 2010i which are great for music and movies. Wanted to go bigger but space is an issue. They suit the yamaha very well but they are at the lower end of your budget I guess.

Hi mate. I have this amp and am running Q Acoustics 2010i which are great for music and movies. Wanted to go bigger but space is an issue. They suit the yamaha very well but they are at the lower end of your budget I guess.

I appreciate all feedback to my enquiry - there is no lower end as you call it, if I can a good compatible set of speakers at £200 I will, £500 is my high, once again thanks

PCATHOME said:
I appreciate all feedback to my enquiry - there is no lower end as you call it, if I can a good compatible set of speakers at £200 I will, £500 is my high, once again thanks

No probs, I'd certainly look at the Q Acoustics 2020i then or even the Concept 20 which have just come out, should suit the 671. On a side note there is a new firmware out for the amp if you hadn't upgraded for a while. :)

No probs, I'd certainly look at the Q Acoustics 2020i then or even the Concept 20 which have just come out, should suit the 671. On a side note there is a new firmware out for the amp if you hadn't upgraded for a while. :)

THANKS FOR TIP ABOUT FIRMWARE - Will have a closer look at 2020i speakers also

Kef Q300's would be worth a listen.
Within your budget,
However if i we're you I would go and have a good listen to and see what you like the sound of.

As I have to update firmware via USB, was not aware of update, have now done this, thanks again

PCATHOME said:
As I have to update firmware via USB, was not aware of update, have now done this, thanks again

No probs at all, great to know they are still supporting it considering its nearly 2 models old ( still a fab amp though)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom