Question Yamaha RX-V671 HDMI-1, HDMI-2 Dead

rwild

Novice Member
There is an earlier thread in this section about this that received a couple of "me too's" but no resolution. This board said I did not have sufficient privileges to respond, so I started this thread.

The problem happened to me in about 2013 after years of working flawlessly. I was very ill at the time and asked the home health care guy to get down on the floor and shift everything by two ports. I now am to the point of being able to get down on the floor myself (if I take enough pain meds) and now have devices that need HDMI ports. Tried connecting an Apple TV and then a Roku Premiere+ and got no signal from either. They work fine if connected directly to the TVbut then I, of course, don't get decent sound.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? BTW, just installed a firmware update on the Yamaha but it made no difference.

rwild

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply but not what I want to hear. The unit is far beyond the warranty period so that I could probably buy something new and as good for what service would cost.

I'm am not sure that I tried a factory reset. Guess that's worth a try, although I am not at all optimistic.

R

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom