Yamaha RX-V665 Questions

markdavid570

Standard Member
I just recently bought a Yamaha RX-V665, and so far I have to say that I really like it. I do have a few questions though, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. The OSD is helpful at times, but I'd rather not have the interuption in the video signal every time I want to make an adjustment. The manual says something about the "display" button turning the OSD on or off, but so far I'm not able to make it go away. Am I interpreting the manual incorrectly, or is this something that can happen?

2. The front panel display can show one of three items: source, decoder, or dsp effect. If kept to display the source, is there any other front panel indicator that shows whether DD5.1, DD HD, DTS, or otherwise is shown? I don't want to always have to change the front display information to verify that, but I'd like to know what is coming through.

3. I have a newer PS3 slim. I've changed the audio output to "bitstream"; however, when playing a game the front panel display shows "PCM". I haven't checked this when watching a blu-ray, so I'll have to see what that says.

4. The other day, I turned on my Xbox 360 and switched to that HDMI input. The audio came through, but a note popped up on the TV that said "Mode not supported". I turned off the Xbox, switched back to cable, then restarted the Xbox and switched back to the appropriate input and everything worked fine. It seems to be okay now. Could that just have been a "fluke", or does it seem indicative of a bigger problem?

5. I programmed the remote control to control my DVD player. It seems to control all functions except "pause"! Did I get a bad remote, or is this just something that happens? I do plan to get a universal remote eventually, but if I can put it off for awhile, that would be nice.

So those are my initial questions. I'm sure I'll have more eventually. All in all, I'm really happy with this receiver. I just want to work out these few things.

Thanks!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom