1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-V630RDS owner advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gileso, Feb 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gileso

gileso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All -

Got a problem (?) with my Yamaha RX-V630RDS (I think).
    Watching Star Wars II on DVD (DD-EX), the amp recognises the DD signal, I can enable the EX processor, the rear centre speaker starts to work, the 'matrix' light comes on, but the rear centre speaker icon does not light up on the front panel.

Should it?

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    do you continue to get sound from the speaker?

ive never looked at the display with my 630 BUT SW is 5.1 EX so the light might not come on for that reason. If the speaker works thats all that counts surely?

3. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    You answered the question to yourself. The light of the center rear channel will turn on if only your input is 6.1. It doesn't matter what you do afterwards. For example, if you do a PLII in a normal stereo signal, you will see lights for the L and R channel, but not for the rears neither sub... But you will get sound in all of them! The lights tell you which discrete channels are input. Discrete! What you are doing with your movie (which is 5.1 as far as wilber said) is to create a center rear channel from the signal of the two rears. EX means matrixed channel, not discrete, as far as I remember... That means once again that it is not an input, but a signal encoded in the signals of the two rears.
    I hope it helps, read it twice, it makes sense although it is a very messy explanation...

4. gileso

gileso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wilber -
    thanks for the help. I'll read the packaging more closely next time.

Cribeiro -
    I read your reply three times, and yes it does make sense. Basically, the lights show whats coming in, not whats going out.

Thanks both for all the help

Gileso

5. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Lord! Was it so simple to explain? Now I understand why my supervisor has always corrections to do in my thesis...
    Ok, it is nice to help!