1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX V620RDS - For £75.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by little fighter, Jul 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. little fighter

little fighter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been offered the above amp it is still in it's box, with everything there, absolute mint condition, my query is that i listen to more music than home cinema, i aint even got 5.1 speaker package, so is this amp worth the money, or would i be better putting the money ( i know it's only £75 ) towards a dedicated stereo amp. :confused:

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    This is an older amp, quite possibly from an era when music performance was pretty much secondary to film performance. Unless you have plans to experiment with film or multichannel music, then you would be advised to put the £75 towards a stereo amp.

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Yea it is a good movie amp but yamaha back then wasn't know for there musical performance. Mine also had difficulty driving difficult speakers (got B&W p5's and it was making a clicking noise).

4. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    definately spend your money on a 2nd hand stereo amp - you should be able to grab a good budget model for that money.