Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha RX-V596 volume question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by konghh, Feb 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first AV and got this question.

Watching satellite tv. When select "Effect Off" the sound is loud and clear at just 10'oclock on the volume knob. But when I activate/select any of those DSP, sound volume is a lot smaller even when pushing to 1 or 2 o'clock. Is that normal?

Thanks

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think that is normal, at least on my DSP-A1 I don't notice much difference in volume when activating the DSP.
    1 or 2 o'clock is way beyond what should be considered a normal setting, get you dealer to check it out / compare to another RX-V596.

3. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same Reciever.To be Honest,i dont have to turn the volume past 10,o,clock.Any thing above this is well loud,i run the risk of upsetting the neighbours(again!).
    With regards to the difference between "effect off"and "on".The sound seems to be louder in pro-logic mode,probably because it is concentrated on the centre speaker,as opposed to the right and left.
    A friend of mine has just bought a Yamaha 620.The sound on his has to be well past 12,o,clock to sound loud,you can even turn it all the way without blowing your ear drums.
    This is the third Yamaha i,ve owned,each one has performed well at a low volume level.Always leaving plenty of noise,if required!
    try playing around with the speaker levels this may help.

4. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On 596 and 620. Some of my firend told me to totally forget the 620 since it's sound volume quantity is pathetic compared to the 596. I wonder why.

On the other hand, how does the 620 sound quality compared to the 596?

5. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Are you using a centre speaker?