Yamaha RX-V581

Denzil75

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking to change my speaker configuration on my Yamaha rxv581.
Just about to install in ceiling Dolby atmos speakers
Being relatively new to all things home cinema I just want to make sure I'm reading my manual correctly , basically manual is saying that I need to hook my atmos ceiling speakers to my rear surround inputs on amp and use the surround side left and right channels for my rear speakers is this correct / common practice?, before I checked I just assumed the atmos speakers would be wired to surround L/R channels
Any advice / help will be greatly appreciated by this noob.
Thanks in advance

Connect your ground level 5.1 speakers as you would normally with your surround speakers connected to the SURROUND terminals. Connect your 2 Atmos ceiling speakers to the BACK SURROUND terminals. In the POWER AMP ASSIGNMENT setting, set this to the PRESENCE option. Now go into the LAYOUT setting within the speaker confingurations and select the OVERHEAD option.

The rearmost surrounds are always referred to as just SURROUNDS within a 5.1, 5.1.2 and 5.1.4 setup. You'd only ever have back surrounds within a setup that has at least 7 floor level speakers such as a 7.1, 7.1.2 or a 7.1.4 setup.

Thank you so much for your advise .
Just thought I was reading manual incorrectly when its stated that the rear surrounds be connected to surrounds lol .
Cheers

Thank you so much for your advise .
Just thought I was reading manual incorrectly when its stated that the rear surrounds be connected to surrounds lol .
Cheers

No, the manual makes no reference to REAR surrounds and it is you who've made that assumption. The manual uses the terms SURROUND and BACK SURROUND and clearly depicts the speakers as SURROUNDS within the configuration that you'd be using.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom