Question Yamaha RX-V577 DTS-HD MA Question

kasper141

Novice Member
Hello,
Im a little bit new to this so sorry for maybe a noob question.
I have a couple of problems with my new receiver, and i want to ask something.

I want to get DTS-HD MA or DD True HD sound to my reciever,
i set my blu ray player to bitstream, and in the menu of my blu ray movie i select the dts-hd ma track or dolby true hd.
When playing i can see trough the options menu on my reciever that its revieving dts hd ma but it doesnt light up( i mean that i cant see it on the little display, the option menu pops up on my tv screen). I can see DD Pro Logic on my display for example if select that option but not DTS HD MA or DD True HD. Mayve because there is no option on my reciever to put it on dts hd ma or dd true hd.
Is it possible to also see DTS HD MA or DD True HD on the little display ? Or dont i even get the right sound ( because is doesn't show up). I mean something like this.
p1090131-cropped.jpg

I also have a lot of options regarding 'sound mode' like:
-Surr. decode
-Straight
-Direct
On wich one should i set it when playing a blu ray with dd or dts?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Hello,
Im a little bit new to this so sorry for maybe a noob question.
I have a couple of problems with my new receiver, and i want to ask something.

I want to get DTS-HD MA or DD True HD sound to my reciever,
i set my blu ray player to bitstream, and in the menu of my blu ray movie i select the dts-hd ma track or dolby true hd.
When playing i can see trough the options menu on my reciever that its revieving dts hd ma but it doesnt light up( i mean that i cant see it on the little display, the option menu pops up on my tv screen). I can see DD Pro Logic on my display for example if select that option but not DTS HD MA or DD True HD. Mayve because there is no option on my reciever to put it on dts hd ma or dd true hd.
Is it possible to also see DTS HD MA or DD True HD on the little display ? Or dont i even get the right sound ( because is doesn't show up). I mean something like this.
p1090131-cropped.jpg

I also have a lot of options regarding 'sound mode' like:
-Surr. decode
-Straight
-Direct
On wich one should i set it when playing a blu ray with dd or dts?

Whilst a DTS HDMA track is playing select Straight and then cycle through the display options by pressing the 'info' button on the remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom