Yamaha RX-V575 - separate source for video/sound?

bambamwillis

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've had a quick look but can't find an answer to this, apologies if asked before ..

I have a Yamaha RX -V575 bought a couple of years ago, been using it mainly for TV and movies etc with a bit of PS4. I've got the Sky Q box and PS4 plugged into the AVR with one cable connecting to the TV

Is it possible to play sound from one source (i.e. the Sky box/iPhone/Airplay) while having video from another?

The primary reason is to be able to play my own music while gaming, ideally it would be directly via Airplay but not quite sure how to go about it

Thanks in advance

You can determine what is displayed on screen while listening to audio sources using the VIDEO OUT setting accessible via the OPTION menu. Press OPTION and navigate down to the VIDEO OUT setting while you are playing your audio source. Select the video source you'd like to be displayed while listening to this audio source. Note that this option is only available in association with certain audio sources and you cannot have audio from one video source while watching the video from another.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom