Yamaha rx- v575 and samsung d8000 series questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Burnnotice61, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Burnnotice61

Burnnotice61
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a yamaha rx v575 and have a couple of questions

I've connected the hdmi out to hdmi 1 on mys d8000 and connected my sky hd to hdmi 1 on the receiver 2 is reserved for my ps3 3 has a samsung DVD player.

Questions

1 will my sky hd box pass Dolby 5.1 to the receiver in this configuration or do I need to use the optical out
    2 I can't get apps on the smart hub to output through the receiver - using plex app to stream and would like to get Dts through this - gain do I need an optical cable or would I be better getting a roku or similar to do the streaming on hdmi 4

Apologies if these have been asked before

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. Burnnotice61

Burnnotice61
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry duplicate...newbie error :(

3. DaveT469

DaveT469
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, did you ever get this worked out?!? I have a mate who has a Samsung Series 8 with the Yamaha RX V575 amp and is using Plex to access files remotely to play on his TV. Problem is, he only gets sound through his TV, and not his received. Are you able to help here?!? Tx...

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,061
    I believe Samsiung designate the HDMI3 input for use with ARC and this input is the only HDMI input on the TV that is ARC enabled. If wanting to use ARC to convey audio from the TV to an AV receiver via HDMI then you must use the ARC enabled input on the TV and this is HDMI3 on Samsung TVs. 5.1 audio can be passed through the TV from a SKY STB if the SKY STB is connected to the TV via HDMI and the audio can be output via ARC and the HDMI connction between a suitable ARC enabled TV and AV receiver.

You have to turn ARC and HDMI control on from within both the TV's and the AV receiver's settings. Samsung term HDMI Control Anynet. You'd also need to select the AV receiver as opposed to the TV's speakers from within the TV's Tool menu in order to use the receiver rather than the TV's own speakers.