• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V571 YPAO mic setup - out of phase?

joneds

Standard Member
Hi,

I recently bought a Yamaha RX-V571 AVR, paired with a set of Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 SE speakers.

When running through the AVR's auto calibration routine (YPAO as Yamaha calls it) with the included microphone, the results I get back claim every speaker apart from the sub is out of phase. I've double checked the cabling and everything is as it should be. The system sounds fine to me when in use, so I'm not entirely convinced anything is wrong, but was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar when setting up these speakers or a Yamaha AVR?

Cheers

mentm

Prominent Member
Receivers and yamahas in particular have been known to get this wrong check your cables again and then ignore it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom