• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V565 receiver & HTPC - no sound from HDMI

snorre

Standard Member
I get picture but no sound from my HTPC when I connect it with HDMI cable to my Yamaha RX-V565 receiver.

In the option menu under signal info it reports "No signal" under format, and are sometimes flickering between "PCM" and "No signal" although no sound.

However, both picture and sound works fine when I connect the HTPC directly to my TV with HDMI. I also get sound if I connect the HTPC to the receiver with SPDIF. I have also connected other HDMI components both to the TV and the receiver, like a blu-ray player and a digital cable TV decoder and both picture and sound works fine.

It seems like the receiver simply ignores the HDMI audio that is coming from my HTPC.

Any ideas or suggestions of what I should do in able to fix this issue?

:lease:

Thank you! :smashin:

Milesy

Standard Member
I have just had the same problem with my amp, which I had delivered this morning. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 790 based board. I have had some joy, using ac3 filter(free) when watching movies.Set up as a 5.1 system and set SPDIF to on. I found this out by carrying out a google search. It also stated that it maybe a driver problem, but i did not go down this route.

I am still having a few problems, but hopefully will get there in the end.

Good Luck

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom