• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V565 problems

gtom

Standard Member
Just got this set up on Tuesday but I'm having a couple of problems with it.

I have it outputting to my Samsung LE40B550 TV and inputs from a Cambridge Audio DVD86 DVD player and Xbox 360 (HDMI).

When I'm playing music through the DVD player on HDMI input, the sound cuts out and stutters when I switch the TV on. Same thing happens with the 360 but the receiver clicks 4-5 times (like the click when you switch it on). If I am playing the music through the analogue (RCA connections) then it's fine. I have tried another HDMI input on the TV and get the same problem. I have also tried using the 'direct' feature (which apparantly uses less circuitry) and it does the same.

I also understand that this receiver can't assign different audio inputs to different video inputs, which may be a problem when I get a HTPC (unless I connect the HTPC directly to the TV). I have also heard that people have had problems using Wiis for the same sort of reasons.

Any suggestions? :(

gtom

Standard Member
Could somebody try this on their 565/765?

I have sent the 565 back but still haven't got a replacement. It would be good to know if I had a faulty unit or if it's a problem with my TV.

Does anyone have their 565/765 connected to a HTPC via HDMI, with audio from optical/coax?

noisemaker

Established Member
Did you checked the cables or tried to switch positions between them? If not, maybe a replacement is the best.

gtom

Standard Member
The cables are 'ThatCable' HDMI ones. One for the AVR to TV and one for the DVD to AVR. Xbox was using the Microsoft HDMI cable. Cables have been directly connected to the TV before and are fine.

I don't really want the hassle of another 565 if it's going to have the same problem.

Can someone try playing audio from one of their HDMI inputs then switching their TV on?

Maybe it's a handshake issue? Even when the TV wasn't set to HDMI input on startup it still happened though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom