Yamaha RX-V530 Pre-outs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jock2, Oct 4, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jock2

jock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking through the forum today and I came across the thread (3/9/02) about the Yamaha by Chucky. As I am new to receivers I have just ordered my first one from QED the Yamaha RX-V 530 can you explain what is meant by pre-outs, without getting to technical, I thought that if I connected the new Sony 200cd multi changer which I have just bought I would be able to listen to my cds with the sound coming through all 5 speakers + sub if I was in Dolby pro logic11 mode. Is this not possible?
    Looking forward to your reply as I am a novice at this

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    You will be able to connect it up and listen to the 5 speakers and sub. By default PL2 doesn´t have a sub channel (.1 LFE) but if you set all speakers to small and all bass to the sub the sub will handle all bass below a certain frequency (i.e 80hz) and the other speakers will handle everything above.

Pre-Outs are for connecting to a seperate Power amplifier should you want to connect one up. The subwoofer is connected to the Sub Pre-Out, assuming your sub is powered (active).

3. jock2

jock2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered the Mission FS1 speakers to go with the Yam 530
    How do I set this all up?
    Please remember that I am a novice to all of this

4. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Depends on the connections provided, you may have to connect all the speakers to the subwoofer and then have that connected to the amp. You should get a setup manual with them when they arrive. The Mission FS series is slightly different when compared to other speakers (in terms of connections).

5. kwack

kwack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jock,

I have the 530 + FS1 set up.

Basically you need to connect all the speakers to the sub and then connect the sub to the amp via teh large cable. there will also be speaker wires from this cable to attach to the posts at teh back of the amp.

Also you must set the speakers to large and both on the set-up so that bass goes to the speakers and sub.

Give us a shout if you get stuck.

I spent loads of time fiddling when I got mine

Kwack