Yamaha RX-V4A & V6A Owners Thread

Daz25

Standard Member
Reaction score
Thread for Owners of the RX-V4A and RX-V6A Audio Video Receivers launched in October 2020 by Yamaha

4F1831F3-9405-4115-810C-40DE10E76B51.png

@nutski humm....the V6 sounds flat ? but i guess you got used to the DENON....many owners say otherwise when going from denon to yamaha....
mind explaining why the denon 2500 has better SQ ?

@Daz25 what a lucky day you got ! you get to test the denon 3600 vs the new yamaha side by side if needed...and choose the one you like !

Last edited:
@nutski humm....the V6 sounds flat ? but i guess you got used to the DENON....many owners say otherwise when going from denon to yamaha....

@Daz25 what a lucky day you got ! you get to test the denon 3600 vs the new yamaha side by side if needed...and choose the one you like !

indeed :D although I’m hoping I enjoy the Yamaha because I’ve felt very on the fence with the 3600 the last week I’ve had it running. if the Yamaha is not good for me then it’s back to the drawing board lol. Anyhow delivery driver will be here in around half hour so not too long to find out :)

Not saying the Denon was better, just different :)
I'd heard of people saying about the difference been the makes, but it lacked a little depth and the vocals in movies sounded a little distant compared to what I was used to.
I'll play a bit more tonight but by the time I finished last night it was sounding quite good to my ears, far from an expert though!

Not saying the Denon was better, just different :)
I'd heard of people saying about the difference been the makes, but it lacked a little depth and the vocals in movies sounded a little distant compared to what I was used to.
I'll play a bit more tonight but by the time I finished last night it was sounding quite good to my ears, far from an expert though!

the dialogue enhancer on Yamaha can be set from level 1-3 try level 1 and see if you’re happy with the dialogue then. This is actually a feature i missed when I switched to the denon, the only solution for distant dialogue with the 3600 was to raise the level of the center channel if watching 5.1 content. I found level 1 on the Yamaha to be perfect for all sources tv and movies, just set and forget. My dad has it on level 3 on his unit, but he’s in his 50’s and his hearing is not what is used to be. I find level three to be overkill for my ears.

It's arrived! unfortunately I start 4 x 12 hour night shifts at 6pm tonight so I can see it staying in the box until Monday when I can have a few days to play with it

Attachments

• 20201001_123853.jpg
    20201001_123853.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 1,069
the dialogue enhancer on Yamaha can be set from level 1-3 try level 1 and see if you’re happy with the dialogue then.

Thank you, i'll have another look through the configuration tonight.

Always the fun learning curve of a device from a different manufacturer!

glad to see COVID did not delays too much the lauch of new TV's and AVR's...:thumbsup:

Has anyone heard when these will start shipping in the US?
I pre-ordered through Crutchfield on the 22nd and haven't been able to get any info out of their CS or through Yamaha's twitter CS as of 2-3 days ago. I'm curious too so if you find anything out please share

indeed :D although I’m hoping I enjoy the Yamaha because I’ve felt very on the fence with the 3600 the last week I’ve had it running. if the Yamaha is not good for me then it’s back to the drawing board lol. Anyhow delivery driver will be here in around half hour so not too long to find out :)
so hows the V6a.any first impressions.hws it compared to ur 585?how reliable are the on screen touch controls?any difference in SQ compred to 585.any cons u may have noticed?

so hows the V6a.any first impressions.hws it compared to ur 585?how reliable are the on screen touch controls?any difference in SQ compred to 585.any cons u may have noticed?

first impressions are good, definitely an improvement over the 585, more power, louder. Powers the 3050i good. However the 3600h felt more powerfull and could get louder and cleaner, Audysys eq on the sub is far superior. I’m sending the V6A back and getting the 3700h since I already sent the 3600h back and they don’t have any more in stock with it being an out model. I liked the familiar interface of having a Yamaha again, the V6a unit is much faster powering on, switching sources and switching sound modes, day to day wise, it’s easier to live with vs the denon. The picture quality being passed through the V6A was much improved and smoother in sports, certainly better picture wise vs the 3600h, that probably has a lot to do with the new HDMI 2.1 I’m guessing. The sound is good, very much more raw and in your face compared to the denon. But the denon had better instrument separation and filled the room more effortlessly without sounding strained. I may go back to Yamaha again when they release the avantage range. For the money I think the V6A represents good value, and in a smaller perhaps more optimised room (carpet, foam etc) it would be more than enough, that’s the type of room I’m using the 585 in and it’s great watching everything in their, but in my large echoey space of a living/dining room the denon and audysyss did a better job, especially for music. I will the miss the Yamaha for watching sports though, the DSP sound modes it has are great for that. End of the day I liked both units, some things the Yamaha I like more and vice versa. But i can hear what the extra money gets you with the Denon and I think it’s worth it for a couple hundred more.

first impressions are good, definitely an improvement over the 585, more power, louder. Powers the 3050i good. However the 3600h felt more powerfull and could get louder and cleaner, Audysys eq on the sub is far superior. I’m sending the V6A back and getting the 3700h since I already sent the 3600h back and they don’t have any more in stock with it being an out model. I liked the familiar interface of having a Yamaha again, the V6a unit is much faster powering on, switching sources and switching sound modes, day to day wise, it’s easier to live with vs the denon. The picture quality being passed through the V6A was much improved and smoother in sports, certainly better picture wise vs the 3600h, that probably has a lot to do with the new HDMI 2.1 I’m guessing. The sound is good, very much more raw and in your face compared to the denon. But the denon had better instrument separation and filled the room more effortlessly without sounding strained. I may go back to Yamaha again when they release the avantage range. For the money I think the V6A represents good value, and in a smaller perhaps more optimised room (carpet, foam etc) it would be more than enough, that’s the type of room I’m using the 585 in and it’s great watching everything in their, but in my large echoey space of a living/dining room the denon and audysyss did a better job, especially for music. I will the miss the Yamaha for watching sports though, the DSP sound modes it has are great for that. End of the day I liked both units, some things the Yamaha I like more and vice versa. But i can hear what the extra money gets you with the Denon and I think it’s worth it for a couple hundred more.
wow.ok.thanks for the initial impressions.seems good.was also waiting for the aventages but this delay is really killing me and i may go to the A1080 probably

Looking forward to hearing owners experiences with the RX-V6A unit. I’m currently looking to make the move to an AV set up and speakers for Atmos and PS5 gaming and am currently drawn between this unit and the Denon AVR-2700H. I’m moving from a Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar which was decent without ever blowing me away. My intention is to pair the AV with the Focal Sib Evo speakers although I may need to replace the rear speakers with something smaller (if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks in advance to all you early adopters, I for one am grateful.

Not sure if this has been posted in any other threads....but an initial review has been posted on youtube.

smaller room? sounds like its perfect for my small livingroom - with my KEF R500's - mine should be arriving within an hour

well it arrived today very happy - the sound well sounds better than my old AVR - vinyl sounds great through my KEF's which is as important to me as films and xbox etc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom