Yamaha rx V4a/ Dolby Digital/ DTS read-out.

Sparkygroover

Novice Member
How do I set the V4a to show whether it's inputting DD or DTS via the LED read-out? It just reads PCM all the time when I stream mostly from my desktop PC via Nvidia GT 740 card and VLC media player. I also get ZERO Digital info when viewing via my Cable receiver ( Samsung H380R). Any help welcome. Thanks.

dante01

Distinguished Member
See page 27 in the owners manual:

by default 2021-08-19 at 15.56.00.png

dante01

Distinguished Member
The V4 will indicate the exact audio format coming into the AV receiver. If it says PCM then PCM is what it is receiving. The fact it shows PCM on the display is in fact an indication that the display is set to the setting that would show the incoming audio format. PCM is not a mode or something orchestrated by the AV receiver and is an audio format.

You need to set the display to it's AUDIO DECODER setting in order for it to show the audio format. Ensure that you select and set the display to this option if wanting it to indicate the incoming audio format. The options available are as follows:

• DSP PROGRAM
  • AUDIO DECODER
  • OUTPUT CHANNEL
  • HDMI STATUS
  • SYSTEM STATUS

The AUDIO DECODER option will indicate both the incoming audio format plus any additional SUR. DECODER mode you may be applying to it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom