Yamaha RX-V485 Setup Quirks

IronYuppie

Novice Member
Recently purchased an RX-V485 to replace my ailing HTR-3064 and generally find it quite nice sounding with my 2.1 Dali Concept 6 setup (nothing flash but it suits my needs well). Airplay and an onscreen UI are pretty good functionality game changers personally.

I've come across a few quirks that I haven't had much luck in finding an answer to in the manual:

1. It seems like CinemaDSP is causing an echo in my 2.1 setup, I've found selecting Straight mode fixes this problem but the receiver will default back to CinemaDSP on rebooting. Is it possible to somehow set Straight as default on boot (or fix this echo problem in DSP mode?)

2. My Subwoofer only seems to activate natively on my PS5. Neither my Chromecast, Macbook or Bluray player have the SW light switch on unless I activate Extra Bass mode. Playing music through Airplay is the same. Does anyone know the reason for this? I'd rather it just work across each device without having to play with Extra Bass settings (which feel too much to my ear).

3. In HDMI Control mode, the Yamaha correctly identifies each device plugged in except for my Macbook which it calls "CD". Is there any way to change this? Not a big deal but an odd quirk.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom