Question Yamaha RX-V481 firmware version 1.23

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TheJackal, Oct 13, 2017.

1. TheJackal

TheJackal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just happened to notice a firmware update for my receiver tonight which I have completed successfully.

It’s not obvious as to what the update was for although I presume it is Dolby vision and HLG compatibility.

I’ve done a google search and checked the Yamaha website but they only show availability for the 1.22 update.

Does anyone know what the update was for as I cannot find anything about it yet!

2. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,045

AS far as I'm aware, Yamaha haven't as yet released their Dolby Vision and HLG update so I doubt the update you've received addiresses this?

Yamaha have released several updates for many of their receiver's over the past couple of weeks. Yamaha haven't as yet released any details as to what these updates relate to though. None of them appear to have given any of the associated models Dolby Vision and or HLG passthrough capabilities.

No one will know exactly what these updates address up until Yamaha actually post this information to their own web site. You could try contacting customers services directly to ask them if it is really preventing you from sleeping?

3. TheJackal

TheJackal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks dante01, one for the morning perhaps. Just about to head to bed and now notice an iPhone update! Don’t want to risk my phone updating and missing my alarm for work...my ocd and finishing software updates is kicking in!

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,045
    Yes, the iPhone update addresses an issue with the phone's alarm clock :)

5. TheJackal

TheJackal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Back online now. Phew [emoji2]