Yamaha rx v479 ARC-Crontrol HDMI issue

Gayeta

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
For a long time I have the 479 connected to a Samsung es8000 tv, the ARC / hdmi control working without problems. The issue now is that a couple of days ago this has stopped working: the image is displayed on the TV but the control of the Yamaha with the TV remote and the TV sound to Yamaha has stopped working.
I have tried 3 different HDMI cable (high speed / 4k), disconnected / connected all the cables, left both devices without power for hours, restored the factory settings of both, etc, but I can't get it to work. I also tried unplugging all the cables and only connect the hdmi out cable.
I connected the tv direct to the ps4 to test the tv power communication when turning on the ps4 and it works, from what I understand this meams the hdmi control of the tv is ok (not 100% sure this is accurate)
Is it possible that the ARC function of the receiver is broken but the image output is working?
The connection in yamaha is through the hmdi out port and in the tv hdmi2 (arc).
Currently the set up is:
Samsung es8000: HDMI-CEC enabled
Yamaha rx v479:
HDMI control: on
Step in standby: on
TV audio input: AV4 (I have also tried with av2 and the rest)
ARC: on
Scene bd / dvd and tv: on

Does the audio ever begin working? My 475 would do similar things, but cycling the input to another then back to AV4 would do the trick... which led me to discover that the TV's audio output needed to be changed from DD+ to any other output.

Thanks, but I coulnd't make it work. In the end I just connected the TV through a digital audio, but I've lost all the hdmi controls that I had, a shame.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom