Yamaha rx v367 auto switch off

essgee

My beloved yamaha RXV367 (which is ten years old) is automatically switching off when I select the HDMI inputs for either my xbox one or my Nintendo switch.

It works fine when it goes via an optical cable though.. Which is plugged in to my TV. (so for my switch to work, I plug the switch straight to TV, then output the sound via optical to my yamaha.)

So do I just need to accept that maybe my HDMI interface has failed and is somehow short circuiting a bit? I have replaced all of my speaker wire as I needed to anyway and this hasn't made any difference.

Is it new av receiver time? They all seem so expensive now... Mine was £199 from richer sounds back in 2011!😂

gibbsy

It may not be viable financially to have it repaired as that money may be better spent on a replacement. You're not going to get anything for under £200 now. Double it I'm afraid.

essgee

Cheers dude... I couldn't see anything under 400 so appreciate its going to be a bit of an outlay. It doesn't owe me anything but I've recently splashed out on new speakers and TV so wasn't budgeting for this one too.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom