Yamaha RX-V359

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by deancharles, Dec 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. deancharles

deancharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been searching all afternoon for an AV solution, after my JVC THS9 packed in today.
    So my plan is to buy the RX-V359 and use it with the speakers from my JVC.

BUT is there any way I can use the powered subwoofer from the JVC.

Or can anyone recommend a powered subwoofer to go with this setup, nothing expensive just budget that will suit the RX-V359.

Thanks Dean.

2. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep i got the v359 from richer soudns very good

erm i am using my gale 8 sub by using one single phono out from the amp to 2x phono red and white to the back of the sub it works a treat i am using acoustic energy evo 1 5.1 kit it sounds brill i turn up the volume to the max and i get no distortions at all i have linked my 360 via optical in and my pc by spdif in all is well but remember there is no banana posts at the back as they are filled in with plastic so just you will have to use bare strands of cable im afraid i bought some shark speaker cable from maplins.co.uk

very good sounds and sounds just ace project gotham on 360 never sounded so good you can actually hear all the noises from the ferrari f50 gt more than you could from the logitech z5500

good purchase for xmas and its not that heavy really but it has radio ( not dab)

3. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the gale 8 from richersounds.co.uk for a modest 65 quid they still do it but hurry as they were selling em like hotcakes erm they sound good and i bought 1x single phono to 2x rca (red and white) cable to power the sub from maplins.co.uk

have a good time

4. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    about the amp, its 5x 100watts per channel so more than enough but are you going to be using floorstanders or shelf speakers?

to be honest it does get quite hot on top of the unit so make sure its ventilated

mine gets run 24 hours a day and i have since had no problems go to richersounds and test it out i went to ealing branch take some cds with you

the amp loves all music especially the good ol bit of iron maiden hehe

5. deancharles

deancharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.
    I ordered the amp yesterday along with the ystfsw100 powered sub.

Yeah the JVC speakers are floor standers fronts are 130watt 4ohm, rear 80watt 6ohm so they should be fine with the amp.

6. fizl

fizl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Can't you remove the plastic to put the banana plugs in?

shaz

7. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know if you can but i dont want to risk damaging the connectors ive seen in maplins they sell banaa posts in the same size with the 4mm entry point to shove in banan plugs but i dont want to open chassis just in case my warranty runs out

8. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there

erm mate tell me how it goes with your amp and sub and also tell me whether you received the version with banana posts filled with plastic or not as i received the one filled in with plastic

cheers mate

9. fizl

fizl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
  10. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i tried it but i cant see the metal connection around the inside of the cap have they removed them i cant see them