Yamaha RX-V357 Problems

BrutalPizza

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so, I have a Yamaha RX-V357 Reciever

It has an issue which seems to come and go, it doesn't happen very often but when it does it's kinda annoying as I can't seem to get it to go away, it just goes away on it's own.

Okay so basically, the front left channel (haven't checked the rear left channel) doesn't produce any sound at any volume, however if you go near the speaker (you can also clearly hear it with headphones plugged in on the left side) there is a humming/buzzing noise, which has a low buzzing sound as well as a sort of high buzzing noise, they both sound the same frequency, maybe a 50hz hum. One time before, I opened the amplifier up, and when I put the casing back on after looking it went away and has been fine since I believe, only today the problem came back again. Note: When I looked inside before nothing looked blown or smoked or anything.

I think my Dad knows someone or has a friend that does amp repair, so I suppose he could do something about it, but I just want an explanation of what it could be and/or if there is anything that I can directly do to fix it.

If someone wants, I could connect the headphone output to Line In on my PC, and show you exactly what the noise sounds like.

-Thanks
-Matthew

Okay so I decided to make a video/sound clip of the noise anyway in case it helps in anyway.
One other thing I would like to mention here, is that, changing the volume on the amplifier does not increase how loud or quiet the hum is. -80 is the quietest volume the amp goes on before volume 0, it starts to make the noise from volume -80, it does not do it on 0.

You will have to turn this video up a bit to hear it properly:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom