Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha Rx-v350 Setting Question For A Newbie!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paul738, May 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. paul738

paul738

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Firstly apologies for the basic-ness of this question but I have recently purchased this receiver and speakers as part of the av50 package and am a little baffled at how to set it up for the best sound. Does anyone else have one who could advise me of the best settings for the amp to get the most out of it please?

Many thanks for any help!!!!

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul738

My advice to you without sounding short would be to read the manual, familiarise yourself with your amp and remote. Understand what each adjustment/setting does and then sit in your listening position and tweak and tweak until you are happy with the way your set sounds. Start with the basics and go from there. Get you speaker distance set up first, set their size to large or small depending on their frequency range. If you have a DVD movie that has been graced with THX, look through the menus on the disc to find the 'THX Optimiser' - This will walk you through a few of the steps needed to correctly set up your system while explaining them as you go. Good luck and happy listening and no need to be sorry, we all went through this at some time or other :smashin:

Skinny