Yamaha RX-V3000 (AX2) or Denon3801?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Spaceman, Feb 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Spaceman

Spaceman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Both receivers are very attractive. The Yamaha looks BEAUTIFUL, but the Denon is much (300 ukp) cheaper and has everything I need. I've read some "reviews" at Audioreview.com and I've read more than once that the Denon lacks bass. I don't understand this; for electronics, bass is really easy to amplify. Since I have a REL Storm III sub it would be terrible when my receiver doesn't crank out some clean ultra-low frequencies. [​IMG] My other speakers are B&W305,302,CC3. Considering the price of my B&W speakers, I don't think it's worth to get a receiver like the Yamaha, but it just looks so darn beautiful and I really need good bass output for my Storm III.

Thanks for your thoughts and I also like to hear some experiences with the Yamaha receiver, since this is such a new model there are only a few reviews.

Han

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think bass output will be a problem when using an active subwoofer.
    I guess what they tried to say that the internal amplification is not able to produce sufficient bass power - and bass btw is the most difficult to amplify as it requires way more power than the mids or highs for that matter.
    GBP300 is a lot of money and personally I don't think the 3000 is beatiful (actually prefer the old design like the 3090 though my A1 looks a kind of, say, impressive on the shelf) but then again both are your call.

In fact if you don't mind the price difference I would go to a dealer and audition them against each other using identical speakers to yours (with movies and musci) and decide based on that!

------------------
    If I can't eat it, drink it or fudge it, I ain't interested.