• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha RX-V2600 - speakers with different Nominal Impedance?

Jeje2

I've been recommended to get Monitor audio GS-series for my new home theater setup. (To match my Yamaha RX-V2600 Amp)

But the main nominal impedance of 8 ohm's, center depending on chosen model 6/8 ohms and surrnouds have 6 ohm's. Is this a problem or can one mix loudspeakers in this way? (I've been under the assumption that one should only have speakers of same nominal impedance)

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
That combination would not be a problem. Keep in mind that speaker impedance fluctuates and does not remian constant therefore amlifiers have to be built to accomodate this.

Jeje2

That combination would not be a problem. Keep in mind that speaker impedance fluctuates and does not remian constant therefore amlifiers have to be built to accomodate this.

OK.
Now if I use mixed Impedance (6 & 8Ohm) loudspeakers should I set in the Amp the speaker impedance to 8 (max) or 6Ohm (Min)? (Can set this in my yamaha RX-V2600)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom