Yamaha RX-v2600 GUI problems

D

Drzaius

Hi,
I've had my V2600 for 8 months now with no problems.
I have a marantz DVD and toshiba HDtv box plugged into the component inputs and am outputting to a sharp LCD 37" via HDMI.
This has been working well previously, whenever i played a 4:3 source through my DVD i would have to go to the GUI menu and change the HDMI aspect ratio manually to prevent the signal being stretched to widescreen.

Recently i fiddled a bit with the inputs on the back of the Reciever, adding a component switcher box through which i am running a Wii and a 360. I cant remember changing any settings on the 2600 though and have not changed any of the previous cables inputs/outputs.

Now when i go to the GUI in ANY mode (DVD, CBL/SAT, DTV etc...) i cannot access any of the settings. EVERYTHING except
'manual setup -> basic -> speaker set -> front -> small' (all these options are in one line and i can scroll along and back them but cannot at any point scroll up or down)
is greyed out! Importantly i cannot get the the manual setup -> video -> etc... options from which i would usually change the aspect ratio and upscaling settings.
The problem is not that the up and down butons on my remote are not working (they still work in other situations) but that all other options except the chain listed above are greyed out and cannot be accessed.

can you think of anything that i may have unwittingly done to cause this?
any help would be much appreciated!

thanks.
trent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom