Yamaha RX-V2085 not outputting Video

Tyriall

Novice Member
Hello.

I went to turn on my Home Theatre today and found that my Yamaha RX V-2085 is not outputting any video signal to my LG OLED CX77. It's detecting something plugged into the TV but It won't show anything on screen – not even the usual Yamaha Grand Piano Image or settings interface when I press the settings button.
When I press the settings button it says on the AVR display "View On-Screen" and won't enable me to scroll the settings. I was going to factory reset but I can't seem to get to the option – and said option isn't available via the browser settings menu...

I can get sound going from the TV via Optical to the receiver or from the PS5 via HDMI to the receiver but no video from the unit to the TV.

Things I have tried so far;
  • I have tried both output ports,
  • I have changed cables from the TV to the Amp
  • I have plugged my PS5 into the TV directly and managed to get a picture
  • I have updated the firmware from the browser, which was completed, but still failed to get any signal to the TV.
Short of Resetting to Default "out of the box" settings I'm stumped and even then im stumped as to how to do it without access to the full menu.

I purchased the 2085 2nd hand – barely used – and has worked flawlessly since I took ownership of it 7 months ago.

The unit was originally purchased in June 2020

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Tyriall

dante01

Distinguished Member
A factory reset wouldn't require you to get the interface displayed on a TV. Have you tried invoking the ADVANCED SETTINGS on the AV receiver and navigating to the reset option on the AVR's own front panel display? Instruction on how to do this are included within the manual.

by default 2021-08-07 at 08.58.48.png

by default 2021-08-07 at 08.59.43.png

Tyriall

Novice Member
I did end up finding that a little while ago. It seemed to have fixed the problem. I had backed up my settings so I tried to apply them again and then it reverted to not showing any signal again. I will run the setup from default again and see what happens

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom