Yamaha RX-V2065 remote control US vs EX

sennen

Hi
I have a Yamaha RX-V2065, bought in the UK. The main remote control has died and I'm trying to source a replacement.

The remote is model RAV298 WS31730 EX. I've found a second-hand WS31730 US online in the UK, and I'm guessing EX means export, and US means USA version.

Anyone know how well the WS31730 US would work with my UK receiver?

Thanks!

Solution
The US remote would still operate the EU or UK modeles. It simply includes additional buttons associated withfunctions not onboard the UK models such as satellite radio.

I'd give you one for free, but you'd have to buy the RXV2065 it came with :)

dante01

Distinguished Member
If the buttonsare the same then the remotes are interchanfeable and should used the same IR commands.

I'm not even that sure that the US models had different remotes to those issued elsewhere, not unless the US remotes include additional buttons associated with satellite radio?

RAV298 WS31730:
13312-1.jpeg

The sites showing these remotes appear to be showing the exact same remote

Attachments

• 13312-2.jpeg
    13312-2.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

sennen

Thank you - yes, that ebay listing was the one I saw. I've now realised it's a RAV296 instead of a RAV298, and is WS31710 instead of WS31730.

It looks like WS31710 US version has extra buttons & subtle differences to mine: extra SIRIUS & XM buttons, a RHAPSODY button, and additional functionality for MENU, FFWD and PREV/NEXT buttons. Nothing is missing.

I'll try a RAV296.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

dante01

Distinguished Member
The US remote would still operate the EU or UK modeles. It simply includes additional buttons associated withfunctions not onboard the UK models such as satellite radio.

I'd give you one for free, but you'd have to buy the RXV2065 it came with :)

Upvote 0
Solution

dante01

Distinguished Member
Mine still works, but isn't in use and has been boxed up in storage for several years now. The only thing amiss is the fact that it's HDMI implimentation hasn't kept pace with the advancements that have occured. If only wanting support for 1080p and if not wanting Atmos or DTS:X though, it is a great sounding AVR. The supposed more up to date models I've subsequently had have been rather dissappointing in comparison to the V2065, especially in relation to the AVR's actual power and analogue amplification.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom