Yamaha RX-V1900

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by phil59, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. phil59

phil59
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm having some trouble with my 7 year old Yamaha a/v receiver. Its been a great unit and has produced housing shaking bass from my Klipsch RW-10 LFE connected sub woofer.
    However, for a while now I'm am getting minimal and next to no sound out of my sub.
    I've tested the sub on another a/v receiver and am feel it is not the sub but something to do with the a/v receiver.
    I have a Monster LFE cable between the sub and receiver and switched it out to another one and it made no difference.
    When the receiver goes through the auto speaker set-up with the mic, the test tone from the sub is minimal nd very, very short. Checking the setting on the sub afterwards, it shows the sub wide open.
    I ran the test with the subs volume control set to the middle. If I set it lower, NO test tone is produced at all. Turning the sub volume wide-open still makes minimal sound.
    I have tried all the setting I know of including setting speaker size and makes sure the receive is set to bus and NOT the satellite speakers for bass.
    Anyone have any other suggestions....I'm stating to thing that the receiver has a bad output to eh sub woofer. Is this something that an electronics service center could repair or test for?
    I appreciate the feedback if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks. Phil

2. phil59

phil59
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    UPdate! I brought the subwoofer out of my RV and hooked it up the Yammy. Worked Great!!!. So now I know its something inside the sub. The thing is so well put together with glue, sealants and screws I doubt I can get it open to look for anything obvious. Guess I will replace the sub. Thanks.