• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

yamaha rx-v1800 vs pioneer vsx-lx60

enrique81

Standard Member
guys

i want to buy one of these receivers, pls advice me which one of them are better for movies & reviewing as well:lease:

apreciated your help

thankssssssssssss:)

maxipax

Established Member
Hi,
I have just bought the yamaha, still setting up yet but 1st impression it is excellent. I too had a few in mind but am very happy I made a good choice..
All the best:smashin:
max

swift1

Established Member
Yamaha all the way................
:thumbsup:

maxipax

Established Member
Hi,
Yep I thought so...

enrique81

Standard Member
dears

I think that pioneer is better because its holding THX

what can you say about that?

& why the yamaha are better

pls tell me

thanks guys

chrissyman

Established Member
£400' thats the RXV1700 you wont find the 1800 going for that price' alas.

I have the 1700 and the only main difference is 2 extra hdmi's and dolby hd/dts hd etc .

razor38

Established Member
I've got the VSX-LX70 (pretty much the same as 60) and am very pleased with it. Nice and easy to set up (manual is a bit rubbish, loads of info scattered everywhere). Very good for movies. Demoed against Denon and ended up prefering the stereo sound of the pioneer. Seemed warmer to me
Unfortunately didn't test against yamaha as delaer didn't have any in stock but as I was happy with Pioneer, I just got that one.
Remote is super ugly though, and has 1 million buttons on it.

C

captainsimes

Hi,
I have auditioned pioneer against Yamaha in the past and have always favoured Yamaha's warmer sound. I beleive others will say they preferred Pioneer's sound, it's down to personal opinion.
SImon

chrissyman

Established Member
sorry, your right, where was the 1700 available for sub 400

I got mine from peter tyson but i think its sold out now' try a search there may be some on Amazon , it really is a cracking buy reduced from 900 and i went for the 2700 dvd player too with QED hdmi all for 250 (from 900 also) very pleased with this combo.

TheHobbit

Established Member
I got mine from peter tyson but i think its sold out now' try a search there may be some on Amazon , it really is a cracking buy reduced from 900 and i went for the 2700 dvd player too with QED hdmi all for 250 (from 900 also) very pleased with this combo.

Me too ...what speakers are you using with your yammy combo?

chrissyman

Established Member
Me too ...what speakers are you using with your yammy combo?

Yes i see you got the same combo, i have a slightly odd set up i suppose' a pair of Snell type j11's on massively heavy huyjens stands a T1000 M/short center and a pair of M/short CS1 rears, the snells are all thats left of my old Voyd .5 ref/2nd audio triode set up that i sold off a few years back and i still love them.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom