Yamaha RX-V1800 advice please

Tom3593

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got my new amp yesterday its the yamaha rx v1800 i love it, i connected it all up and everything works perfectly. I have freeview HD and for some reason when i go on the cable input it doesn't pick it up and i click pure direct i can here the audio but no image but when I click off it i just get a blank screen. But every now and then it will pick it up its really weird anyone got any idea please help thanks.

I have had no problem like this with ps3 ect.

HDMI connection?
Maybe try another lead.
Anyway my Humax Freesat box very occasionally won't show an image through my V1800. Try switching to a different amp input and back pr the default IT operation of turning the Freeview box on and off. Think the amp needs to be on before the box

Tom3593 said:
I got my new amp yesterday its the yamaha rx v1800 i love it, i connected it all up and everything works perfectly. I have freeview HD and for some reason when i go on the cable input it doesn't pick it up and i click pure direct i can here the audio but no image but when I click off it i just get a blank screen. But every now and then it will pick it up its really weird anyone got any idea please help thanks.

I have had no problem like this with ps3 ect.

Pure direct I think only plays audio, it shuts all circuitry off to get " pure audio " no video.

Pure direct I think only plays audio, it shuts all circuitry off to get " pure audio " no video.

Video is still handled by and posed through the receiver while PURE DIRECT is engaged. THe PURE DIRECT mode disengages all DSP processing and unnecessary circuitry, including the front panel display, but continues to pass incoming video through the receiver. PURE DIRECT is not an audio only mode.

dante01 said:
Video is still handled by and posed through the receiver while PURE DIRECT is engaged. THe PURE DIRECT mode disengages all DSP processing and unnecessary circuitry, including the front panel display, but continues to pass incoming video through the receiver. PURE DIRECT is not an audio only mode.

On the RX-V1800 it does shut video off as well. I believe it's so all the circuitry apart from that used for the sound is off to give the purest sound

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom